Some papers are better suited for poster presentation, others for oral presentation. Authors may indicate a preference for poster presentation on the abstract submission form and on front page of the abstract; otherwise, all abstracts will be considered for both oral and poster sessions.
The Technical Program Committee will select abstracts according to how well they address the following questions:
- What are the significant new accomplishments? State unambiguously whether devices have been fabricated, experimental results obtained, and provide details.
- What is new in relation to previous work? Provide references to relevant literature (including publications by the author's group).
- What is the goal or motivation of the work?
- What is the impact or significance of the results to the sensor/actuator/microanalysis field?
Authors should not submit work that has already been presented at another conference or that has been published in the literature. In the text and through reference to the literature, authors should clearly delineate how the submitted work differs from other recent work by the same research group, or by other groups. Again, Contributed and Late News abstracts will be considered for either oral or poster presentation unless the authors specifically request the poster session. Contributed oral presentations will be allotted 20 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion.
Papers presented at the Workshop will be published in a Technical Digest in electronic format. They will be limited to four (4) pages in length. The Technical Digest will be distributed to participants at the Workshop, with one copy included in the registration fee. Authors are encouraged to expand their digest papers into full papers for separate publication in archival journals.
- (P) Physical Sensors, Actuators, or Systems
- (C) Chemical or Biological Sensors, Actuators or Systems
- (T) Technology, Materials, Packaging, and CAD
Accepted "Late News" abstracts will be eligible for presentation in the "Late News" oral session or one of the Contributed poster sessions. The Workshop has reserved six oral presentations slots in the program for Late News. Late News oral presentations will be allotted 10 minutes plus 5 minutes for discussion.
All accepted "Late News" abstracts will be published in the Technical Digest.
"Late News" papers will be limited to two pages in length and must follow the information provided in the template. Word count does not apply for this submission.
Two of the acceptance criteria for Contributed and "Late News" contributed papers will be relaxed for Open Posters:
Reasons Abstracts are not accepted:
- First-ever presentation. Papers very recently published, or presented at another technical meeting (e.g. MEMS 2021, MicroTAS 2021, Transducers 2021), or papers having only incremental new results relative to recent presentations will be considered.
- Completeness of results. Papers where results are preliminary, and full testing has not been completed, will be considered.
- Wasn't uploaded by deadline to send to the reviewers
- Exceeded word limit of 600 or didn't have reference number on abstract (Does not apply for Late News or Open Poster submissions)
- Didn't show application was working
- Didn't document data, details or measurement or had some relevant info missing
- Data too generic or not enough device or process characterization
- Results incomplete and inconclusive and/or no verification
- Unclear concept of device, or what is "new" from your previous work or others
- Poor images and unclear pictures or no picture of device
- Abstract acting as a commercial instead of displaying research
- Insufficient technical impact
- Wrong meeting for this topic - better suited for a different meeting
- Didn't reference previous known work or publications